Well, it’s nearly a day into 2013. But before I look forward the year’s potential, I need to close the book on 2012.
As I’ve mentioned, I’m a sucker for goals, plans, resolutions and all things lists. And last year I found a great reflection prompt. Here’s my new year’s post on KateAsana from last year it includes the template for the reflection.
But for you now I’ll share my highlight reel of 2012:
- I taught a 4-week yoga class at the Brooklyn Zen Center, and taught both preschool and Kindergarten yoga.
- Mark and I went to the Holiday train show at the botantical gardens, the transit museum, and the Chinese New Year parade
- I tried out Bikram Yoga
- We started taking ballroom dancing lessons
- I wrote a travel article for Popular Photography and an article for Time Out New York
- Mark and I started going to 1920s-themed parties, turning me into a Jazz Age enthusiast.
- We went to the orchid show at the botanical garden
- We traveled to PA for Mark’s grandmother’s 95th birthday
- I joined Pinterest and quickly became addicted
- I took up watercolor painting (kind of)
- I took up Zumba and quickly became addicted
- I had a fun bachlorette party
- I tried out anti-gravity yoga
- We went to an amazing music of Jim Henson concert at Carnegie Hall, and visited the Brooklyn botanical garden
- I learned HTML (kind of)
- My book club pals and I started grown up slumber parties, which are a blast
- I turned 31 and celebrated by going dancing, eating lots of good food, and painting pottery
- I started this blog
- We saw Feist at Radio City
- Mark and I celebrated 4 years together by going out to dinner and row-boating in Central Park
- We traveled to Michigan for my bridal shower, rehearsal, rehearsal lunch, and the main event: OUR WEDDING!! (truly one of the most amazing days of my life)
- We spent a week in California for our honeymoon in Santa Barbara, Carmel, Napa, and Sausalito, where we went horse back riding, rode in a hot air balloon, went to the Montery Bay Aquarium, Muir Woods, went wine tasting, got massages, drove a mini cooper convertible, and ate tons of great food.
- We went to Belmont and bet on the ponies
- I wrote a travel feature for AAA New York
- My Little Sister graduated from high school
- We went to the Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governors Island
- We went to movies in Bryant Park, and comedy central in Central Park, Shakespeare in the park, and a Yankees game, the Philharmonic in Prospect Park, and the Met rooftop
- We marched in the Mermaid Parade as “Merman and Wife”
- I did yoga in Times Square
- We went to a 4th of July picnic in the park and a roof top Jazz Age party
- We went to Governors Island and rode a bicycle built for two
- I took a sewing class and learn to sew (pretty much)
- I found out that I got a full time job!
- We went to several outdoor movies, biked a lot, went to the beach and public pools, went kayaking, and took a few day trips to places like Long Beach, Poughkeepsie, and Wave Hill
- I started my new job!
- A group of pals went to the second Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governors Island
- We went to more outdoor movies, Shakespeare in the Park again, and Circ De Soeli at Radio City
- I went to my first roller derby game and decided I wanted to be a jeerleader
- I taught a four-week yoga class in Prospect Park and met a new student who I’ve been teaching privately ever since
- We competed in the Great Urban race
- Mark turned 35 and we had a backyard BBQ birthday party
- We traveled to PA for Labor Day weekend and went to Dorney Park
- We rode 35 miles in the Century Bike Tour
- I did 108 Sun Salutations to raise money for the YMCA
- We traveled to PA again for Mark’s cousin’s twin’s 1st birthday party and took our niece to Hersey Park
- We went to the Maker Faire in Queens
- We went for a hike in NJ with pals
- My mom came to visit for a long weekend and we toured much of NYC
- We had our annual Halloween party, then Mark lost his camera with all the photos from it
- Hurricane Sandy hit.
- We spent several weekend volunteering for hurricane relief
- We attending a great election night party and celebrated Obama’s win
- We went to the amazing show Sleep No More
- We had friends over for a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner
- We prepared for the holidays: baking, wrapping and sending gifts, watching Christmas movies, decorating, going to parties, ise skating, looking at holiday windows, going to holiday markets, and making gifts at the crafternoon, etc.
- I tried out to be Gotham Girls Roller Derby Jeerleader
- I got a new fish
- I went to a taping of the View and won a bunch of toys (that we donated)
- We had Mark Day 2012, in which we ate a lot and when to the Natural History Musuem
- We traveled to PA for Christmas and rang in the New Year in Brooklyn with dinner, board games, and fireworks in the Park.
And that’s my 2012 in a nutshell. It was certainly a memorable year. Next post: Looking ahead to 2013.